A multi-media artist, writer, editor with a BA from Yale, I produce visual & written content for all media. My passion for climate & social justice emerges in my novels, nonfiction book & client work. Need help on a project? Work with me.
Seton Hill University, Greensburg, PA
Yale University, New Haven, CT
M.F.A. Writing Popular Fiction, 2024
B.A. Film Studies, 2003
Residencies & Conferences
- Writing residency at Vermont Studio Center (winter 2018)
- The Work Conference, a boutique, invitation-only conference for writers (2017)
Exhibitions & Shows
- Brewster Ladies’ Library, Brewster, MA. Solo Exhibition: “Trashique” (2019)
- Citywide Open Studios, New Haven, CT. Studio Exhibition: “Control & Release” (2019)
- Westville ArtWalk, New Haven, CT. Fashion Show: “Trashion” (2017)
- Petersham Art Center, Petersham, MA. Solo Fashion Show: “Trashique” (2015)
- Received the International Women’s Media Foundation Woman Entrepreneur in the Digital News Frontier fellowship grant to create RealWorldSTEM.com, a video-based news site for teens. (2012)
- International Society for Technology in Education Online Learning Award for STEM Matters webzine (2012)
- Fade In Awards, (5/2008 ): Semi-finalist for, For the Birds, a feature-length romantic comedy.
- The Writer’s Network Screenwriting & Fiction Competition, (10/2007)
Quarterfinalist for, For the Birds, a feature-length romantic comedy, and Like That, a short story.
- Page International Screenwriting Competition, (7/2007): Quarterfinalist for, For the Birds.
- American Gem Short Script Competition, (9/2006): Top 200 for, The Taming, a modern adaptation of a scene from Shakespeare’s, The Taming of the Shrew.
- Scriptapalooza Screenplay Competition, (7/2006): Quarterfinalist for, Anna & the Art Thief, a kids’ feature (revision of Anna the Artist).
- Fade In Awards, (2/2005): Quarterfinalist for, Love in Ward M, a feature-length romantic drama.
- Scr(i)pt Magazine Open Door Competition, (2/2005): First Round Finalist for, Love in Ward M.
- Scriptapalooza Screenplay Competition, (8/2004): Quarterfinalist for, Anna the Artist, a kids’ feature.
- Cynosure Screenwriting Competition, (8/2003): Quarterfinalist for, Anna the Artist.
- Freelance Writer & Consultant. Clients throughout N. America (2007 – present)
- Indie Author & Publisher – Bee Books. New Haven, CT (2018 – present)
- Development Officer – Creative Arts Workshop. New Haven, CT (2019 – 2020)
- Community Organizer/Founder – Local Lit @LOTTA. New Haven, CT (2018 – 2020)
- Communications & Development Director – NHS New Haven. CT (2018 – 2019)
- Columnist – Growing Magazine [trade publication of Grand View Media, circ. 25,000] (2008 – 2017)
- Founder & Producer –Real World STEM. Petersham, MA (2012 – 2013)
- Special Projects Writer – Dept of Work Environment, University of Massachusetts. Lowell, MA (2012-2013)
- New Media Specialist – Office of School Partnerships, U. Mass. Lowell (2010-2012)
- English & Film Teacher – Eagle Hill School. Hardwick, MA (2005 – 2006)
- Digital Media & Pay TV Assistant – 20th Century Fox. Los Angeles, CA (2004-2005)
- Script Reader – Creative Artists Agency. Los Angeles, CA (2003)
- Creative Development Intern – Sesame Workshop. New York, NY (2002)